Oxford History: The High

Backwards
Forward

103: Toast


103 Toast

No. 103 was built together with No. 102 (the darker blue building on the corner of Oriel Street) by William Ives, a wealthy mercer, in about 1714. Nos. 102 and 103 were linked as one shop from before 1851 to the 1950s, but have now separated again. The pair of houses are Grade II listed (List Reference No. 1047251).

 

or information about the early history of this shop, see No. 102 High Street.

Occupiers of 103 High Street

1839– 1846

Sarah Loder (1839), William Loder (1846), China & glass dealer

By 1851–1889

Spiers & Son, Stationers, china & glass warehousemen (also occupied No. 102)

1891–1964

Adamson & Co., Tailors (also occupied No. 103 and 1–3 Oriel Street)

1967–1980+

Thomas Cook & Son Ltd, Travel agents

1980s

Spiers of Oxford

By 1993–2005

Andrews Estate Agents

Upstairs 1992–2000: Opportunity Trust

2005–present

Toast

©Stephanie Jenkins

Last updated: 7 November, 2016

The High home Small Shark Oxford History home