Back
Next

Oxford Ghost Signs: Acott's Music Warehouse at 124 High Street


Acott mosaic

Customers who enter All Bar One at 124 High Street still walk over this mosaic at the entrance that proclaims Acott.

Sydney Acott, a dealer in musical instruments, moved here in about 1894, and the shop was known as The Music House (see drawing). It became Russell Acott in 1850 when it was taken over by James Russell's music shop, and closed in 1998.

Stephanie Jenkins