Back
Next

Oxford boundary markers: Barracks Lane West (1830s?)


Boundary stone in Barracks Lane

 

Inscription illegible

 

This stone is in Barracks Lane to the south-east of the Oxford Spires Academy (formerly Southfield School). It is not a listed structure.

 

It marks a boundary predating both the stone further east in Barracks Lane and the 1892 one on the lane leading down to Marsh Road

 

 

Map showing the extended
boundary of the City in 1889

 

 

Back to list of Oxford
boundary stones

 

 

 

 

 

Below: Two photographs by Henry Taunt of what appears to be this stone in 1914, and this stone in context in 2020

 

This stone in context

Stephanie Jenkins