Back
Next

Oxford boundary markers: Port Meadow (1892)


Port Meadow

 

Lettering
completely worn away

Suffering from water damage:
this photograph was taken on
22 January 2018
when there was flooding

 

 

This stone is at the north end of Port Meadow, and was probably set up by the city council in 1892 at the same time as the stones on the Godstow Road

 

Not a listed structure

 

 

 

 

 

Map showing the extended
boundary of the City in 1889

 

 

Back to list of Oxford
boundary stones

Stephanie Jenkins, 2013