Back
Next

Oxford boundary markers: Woodstock Road (1892)


Boundary stone on Woodstock Road

 

[City coat of arms showing
ox crossing ford]

[Illegible]
M A Y O R

 

 

On the west side of the Woodstock Road,
just to the north of South Parade,
marking the boundary between
Wolvercote and Oxford in 1889

 

This stone probably dates from 1892, as it appears to match the stones in Woodlands Road and London Road
set up to mark the new 1889 boundary of the City of Oxford

 

Not a listed structure

 

Map showing the extended
boundary of the City in 1889

 

Back to list of Oxford
boundary stones

Stephanie Jenkins, 2013