Back
Next

Oxford boundary markers: South of Barracks Lane (1901)


Boundary stone in Barracks Lane

 

1901

[City coat of arms showing
ox crossing ford]

Rest of inscription illegible, but likely to say
C. G. Druce, Mayor
J. Dorne, Sheriff

 

 

This stone is beside the Boundary Brook, on the unnamed lane running down from Barracks Lane.

 

It is near the junction of Marsh Road with Temple & Crescent Roads.

 

It is the same year as the boundary stone in Pullen's Lane

 

Not a listed structure

 

 

Back to list of Oxford
boundary stones

Stephanie Jenkins, 2013