Back
Next

Oxford boundary markers: Parks Road hundred stone


Hundred stone in Parks Road

 

H E R E
E N D E T H
N O R T H
G A T E
H U N D R E D

 

 

Replacement stone on the west side of Parks Road marking the northern boundary of the Northgate (Oxford) Hundred and the start of the Bullingdon (Headington) Hundred.

Everything to the north of this stone up to and including Summertown was until 1929 in the Headington rather than the Oxford registration district.

 

This is a Grade II listed structure
List Entry No 1046586

 

Back to list of Oxford
boundary stones

 

 

Stephanie Jenkins, 2013