ST GILES’, OXFORD

Back
Forwards

St Giles’ Church in 1834


St Giles' Church in 1834

The above picture, engraved by F. Mackenzie, was published on 1 March 1834 (by J.H. Parker of Oxford, C. Tilt of Fleet Street, and J. Le Keux of Harmondsworth).

At this date the church (with the present Old Parsonage Hotel, visible on the right of the picture) marked the last outpost of Oxford. To the north lay St Giles’ Fields, as yet undeveloped by St John’s College.

St Giles’ home

Stephanie Jenkins

Oxford History home