ST GILES’, OXFORD

Back
Forwards

St Giles’ in 1905


St Giles, looking north in 1905

The scene shown in the above postcard looks much the same today. The large building on the left and the house with two gables next to it are now part of Regent’s Park College, but were then respectively a private house and an ironmonger’s; the tall narrow building was a tobacconist shop (now St Giles Café); and next to that was a confectioner (now St Giles Newsagents).

St Giles’ home

Stephanie Jenkins

Oxford History home